Jeff Alt’s adventures, expert hiking advice and books have been featured in print, blogs, radio, and TV nationwide including Backpacker Magazine, ESPN, CNN-Radio, Discovery Channel.com, USA Today, Hallmark Channel, Fitness RX For Men, LA Times, Scholastic Parent & Child, Women’s Health, Shape, US News & World Report, the AP, TEDx Talk and many more! Here are some of his latest highlights.
Jeff Alt talks about his Appalachian Trail book, A Walk for Sunshine.
Jeff Alt and family share his new book and some hiking tips
The Alt family share family hiking tips on KDKA Pittsburgh
Watch Jeff Alt's TEDx Talk Life Lessons from the Trail
"Jeff Alt, hiking expert, has written what may be the most comprehensive, readable and inspiring book ever focused on getting kids hiking. This will be...invaluable for families — and for outdoor programs and environmental educators as well."
— Richard Louv, author of “Last Child in the Woods: Saving Our Children from Nature-Deficit Disorder” and “The Nature Principle.”
The Alt’s interview on WVLT Knoxville
Jeff Alt shares fall hiking tips on Columbus channel 10 with Karina Nova
Jeff Alt shares tips on hiking with kids on Spokane's SWX-NBC sports & Weather
Fun, Adventurous, Outdoorsy story ideas:
Alt shares his Walk for Sunshine Appalachian Trail adventures full of edge-of-your-seat tales involving bears, bugs, blisters, skunk bedmates, mice, and hilarious food cravings, all for a noble cause. Alt has inspired thousands to get off the couch and accomplish their own big goals. The new edition of A Walk For Sunshine won the Gold in the Book of the Year Awards. The annual Walk-With-Sunshine, inspired from Alt’s 2,160-mile Appalachian Trail journey, has raised over $500,000 for the home where Alt’s brother with cerebral palsy lives.
Alt Nails the Trail Experience.
-Dale Bowman, Chicago Sun-Times.
There are numerous books on hiking the Appalachian Trail, but Alt tells the story best.
-Carey Kish, Maine Outdoor Journal
Sectionhiker.com says “A Walk for Sunshine [is] one of the best and easiest-to-read Appalachian Trail Memoirs available.”
- Alt shares his Life Lesson’s from the Trail to inspire others to go after their dreams.
Alt is a member of the Outdoor Writers Association of America (OWAA). His adventures have been featured on ESPN, Hallmark Channel, the AP, CNN-Radio, Good Day USA, NPR and more. Alt’s books have been reviewed in Library Journal, Chicago Sun Times and other leading review sources. Alt’s books combined have received eight book awards. In addition to walking the 2,160-mile Appalachian Trail, he also walked the 218-mile John Muir Trail with his wife and trekked across a 50-mile path of Ireland with his wife, young daughter, and extended family. His son was taken on his first hike at 8 weeks of age. Alt and his wife have made it their mission to share all the greatness of the outdoors with their children.
Alt was a guest on Hallmark Channel’s New Morning where he shared his approach to going after the biggest of goals.
An excerpt from A Walk For Sunshine’s Life Lesson Epilogue was published in Guide Post’s Positive Thinking Magazine Five things I learned from thru-hiking the Appalachian Trail that make life bigger and better.
Download these High-Resolution Promotional Photo
Alt provides expert outdoor hiking, camping, and adventure tips for the entire family; including children, regarding gear, training, animal encounters, planning/logistics, and more. Alt’s expert tips and advice have been featured on ESPN’s Inside America’s National Parks, in the Boston Globe, Get Out Magazine, National Geographic Adventure, Fox News, and more.
- Alt can help you develop adventure tips tailored to your specific destination piece or feature.
- DiscoveryChannel.com includes Jeff Alt’s gear tips in the 2012 Spring Gear Guide
- Jeff Alt’s hiking tips featured on Discovery Channel’s How Stuff Works website: 5 Items You Should Bring on A Long Hike.
- Jeff Alt gives fun ideas on what to do for the outdoorsy dad on fathers day in Scholastic Parent & Child.
- Read an article in the Cleveland Plain Dealer, by D’Arcy Egan, about Alt’s hiking presentation.
- Read an article in the Times Union Blog about Alt’s tips for hiking with kids.
- Fox News Article “How To See National Parks Like A Pro” features some of Alt’s tips.
- Listen to an interview with Jeff Alt on Real Parenting CFAX Radio about hiking with kids.
- Alt & National Park Rangers provide Hiking with Children seminars in the Shenandoah National Park.
- National Geographic Adventurer features Alt’s tips on visiting one of his favorite trail towns along the Appalachian Trail.
- Road & Travel Magazine features Alt’s Tips on acclimating back to civilization after your adventure.
- Boston Globe article : Alt contributes to article about outdoor clothing.
- Get Out Magazine, features Alt’s advice about “The Ideal Pack Weight”.
- Alt’s Hike across Ireland carrying his baby is featured in Baby World. A leading website for infant care information and products.
- Alt contributed to a Dayton Daily News article “Getting Kids to Take Walks” (July 27, 2010) offering way to get kids off the couch and outside.
- A Walk for Sunshine in the US News & World Report.